Monday, December 31, 2012

Happy New Year 2013!

The Big Girl Chronicles:  Happy New Year 2013!
HAPPY NEW YEAR2013!!!  I don’t know what 2012 was for you.  If it was a trying year, then farewell.  Let’s make a fresh start.  If it was among the best, then let’s keep the momentum flowing into year 2013.  Either way, the New Year brings with it a new beginning and time for us to pause amidst our celebrating and do some personal reflection.  What did you learn about yourself in 2012?  What do you plan to do with that information in 2013?  I’ve learned that I’m still just a big girl.  I haven’t graduated to womanhood just yet, but I’m 365 days (and steps) closer to my vision of the woman I intend to become.  I’ve also learned more about what I want to do and what I’m willing to withstand to do that.   

With a New Year comes the tradition of making New Year’s resolutions.  It doesn’t matter if you’ve done so in the past only to abandon your resolutions within the first couple of months, this time could be different.  After you’ve done your personal reflection, think of what goals you’ve yet to accomplish and what changes if any are needed to put you closer to achieving them.  Resolve to begin this New Year with a healthier attitude and envision your transformation.  This is your year.  This year will be what you make of it.  Auld Lang Syne! 

2012 in review:

Whatever embarrassment, laugh at yourself.
Whatever sin, forgive yourself.
Whatever imperfection, love yourself.
Whatever situation, be yourself.
Whatever discovery, appreciate yourself.
Whatever disappointment, encourage yourself.
Whatever challenge, push yourself.
Whatever dream, dare yourself.
And in all things, respect yourself.
    

No comments:

Post a Comment